[Healeys] Bike mufflers Was: Re: Muffler for Healey 100

To: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>
Subject: [Healeys] Bike mufflers Was: Re: Muffler for Healey 100
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 21:16:37 -0800
FWIW, I got nothing against bikes/bikers--my best friend rides--and I go
out of my way to give them a break (when I see them).  But, I've pulled
out in front of a couple bikes I didn't see; these bikes were coming at
me and I don't think loud pipes did/would help at all, since the noise
is largely behind them (there's some acoustic physics at play here, but
I won't pretend to understand them).

I think loud pipes as a safety feature is overstated.  Just my opinion,
based on my observations.

bs