Re: [Healeys] stub axles

To: ampole@hotmail.com, msalter@precisionsportscar.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] stub axles
From: awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 12:09:56 EST
What is the recommended procedure to best test stub axles.  I have  several
sets of the three-part spray-on revealant and if the cracks are commonly
found where the splined portion and the mounting flange meet at the "base  of
the curve" it would seem to me that this could be done with the stub  axles
in place.  Or do you think this should be done front and back and/or  that
their being mounted would prohibit good prep, cleaning and application  of
the various spray-on elements.

Thoughts please?

Best--Michael Oritt