[Healeys] Questions...

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Questions...
From: jwhlyadv@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 18:08:54 EST
I am getting ready to start work on Future Fifty Founder Ben Moores first
Healey a fully restored BN6 that needs finishing details and a few repairs.
I  have been on this list for fifteen years, read over 10,000 posts about
tires but  I wasn't paying attention.......

First off we need tires. Currently the car is running JC Penny tires that
must be twenty years old. Any suggestions for a modest priced tire?

Second -  I need the number for the correct NAPA fuel pump.

Third - I need to replace rear axle seals. Moss lists the o-ring as fitting
 BN4-BJ8. I thought the BN4-BN6 o-ring was different, is it?

Fourth - when you engage the Overdrive solenoid the noisy electric fuel
pump drops in volume indicating a large current draw. The OD solenoid wires
are  melted. Clubmembers all say he needs a new solenoid. Isn't this the
adjustment  that is not letting the plunger travel all the way up to hit the
switch?

Thanks!

Jim  Werner
Louisville, KY