Re: [Healeys] Questions...

To: jwhlyadv@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Questions...
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 06:26:22 -0500
Jim,

Saw the car at Mike's memorial service.  Very nice.  I have the Kumhos
from Tire Rack on the tri-carb. Like them.

Get the car on a lift or take the gearbox cover off and see if the
solenoid is moving when you flip the switch.

Any idea where the OD harness came from?  British Wiring (Auto Sparks
reseller) had two harnesses.  The 'standard' one had smaller gage wire
than the OEM harness.  The 'special' had the right gage wire (28
strand).  Probably best to replace melted.

Bob Haskell