Re: [Healeys] OH NO!, Not OIL again!

To: healeys@autox.team.net, WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] OH NO!, Not OIL again!
From: Robert Blair <rnbmail@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 22:24:36 -0800 (PST)
Bill, At the risk of not reading others first, my 10 cents would be it depends
on the zinc additive in the oil.  If it is a modern formaula for a modern
engine as you suggest, then I would be wary of the necessary zinc content
necessary for the old lumps.  Advice - stay with the correct period blended
stuff - I use VR1 20/50 Racing where the zinc additive is clearly readable on
the can.

Robert N. Blair  Yellow 65BJ8  rnbmail@yahoo.com