[Healeys] Oil gauge pipe thread size.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Oil gauge pipe thread size.
From: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 11:13:24 -0800 (PST)
The "design brief" of my "Nasty Boy" has been to follow those early V8
conversions I used to see in Hot Rod in the '60s, the days when someone could
take their slightly used Healey to Max Balchowsky's shop with $500 for a quick
infusion of go juice. The exterior and interior will remain stock while the
engine bay is going to look like some lucky hot rodder stumbled upon a HiPo
Mustang engine just after blowing his Healey six.  Kind of like this period
look: http://www.britishv8.org/MG/GeorgeSnively.htm  I'm going to keep the
original Healey gauges, adapted to the Ford smallblock.  I plan to run a
braided stainless hose from the Ford outlet to an AN adapter to the steel pipe
of the oil gauge connection.  I'm assuming it's a BPT? Can anyone tell me the
thread size,  BTW, its a BJ7.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo