Re: [Healeys] Original Bellows-type Thermostat Stats

To: Ray Carbone <racarbon@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Original Bellows-type Thermostat Stats
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:13:19 +0800
Ray -

The standard bellows thermostat has a nasty habit of shutting closed when it
fails.  This is a bit of an issue because the way a bellows thermostat is
constructed it has a tendency to fail quite often.

It's better to get a modern thermostat, which shoots open when it fails, if
it fails at all.  Norman Nock sells them with the bypass sleeve.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'59 Jag Mk IX