[Healeys] Changing the thermostat

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Changing the thermostat
From: awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 20:35:44 EST
I need to change the thermostat in my wife's BN7--it is pretty cold here in
 MD and the car warms up very slowly and ultimately will not get over  140
degrees--undoubtedly it is stuck open.

I have a new 180 degree thermo and gasket.  Am I correct that all  I need
to do is to drain the water level down to where it is below the level of  the
thermostat, pull the old thermo and gasket and replace them with  the new
180 degree one and the new gasket, bolt the thermo cover back on, refill  the
radiator and run?

Best--Michael Oritt