Re: [Healeys] B-J auction Kurt Tanner BN2 just sold for $40k

To: Dan <jobu53@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] B-J auction Kurt Tanner BN2 just sold for $40k
From: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:34:33 -0800
Dan,

I just canceled my trip to Scottsdale to help my buddy sell cars at the
three auctions, BJ, RM and Gooding due to the foul weather.

I can tell you from personal experience that number one, Barrett-Jackson has
an all no reserve auction, so you turn the title over to them when you
consign your car.  It's essentially no longer yours.  In years past, if our
cars did not bid high enough, we would buy them back by having a friend who
was a bidder buy the car.  HOWEVER, BJ didn't like this so they said you
cannot buy back your own car and if we catch you, which they did, you'll be
banned from any further BJ auctions.  Plus you'll be paying both
commissions, which will be about 16%.

BJ folks are A holes and I wouldn't PI$$ on Craig Jackson's head if it was
on fire

Curt