Re: [Healeys] Carburettor trouble

To: Paul Leeks <Paull@glasgows.co.uk>, Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Carburettor trouble
From: <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:29:00 -0600
Having read the e-mail question "the leek seems to be in the main part of the
carb area" doesn't the H4 still have the nasty leaky rubber seals for the
sliding jet? If so I would guess this to be your problem, some supply cork
seals and some neoprene rubber in the rebuild kits, I have had more luck with
the rubber kind, also have had luck polishing the sliding/sealing surface of
the jet with some polishing compound prior to assembly.

I have installed grose jets on a number of cars and ran for years with no
problems, which is more than I can say for the original equipment float
needles, although I understand the newer versions are better, but I have never
had a reason to take off the grose jets, and enough bad experiences with OEM
style needles to not be inclined to go back.

Greg Lemon