Re: [Healeys] Crosley Hotshot

To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Crosley Hotshot
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 08:53:20 -0500
A Crosley must have run over you as a child to give such a one
dimensional account.
Go here for some real information:
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1949-1952-crosley-hotshot-and-super-sports.htm/printable
I think that you owe the poor little Hotshot an apology for your vicious
attack. :-)

Alan Seigrist wrote:
> Doug -
>
> The Crosley Hotshot was just about the crappiest car ever made.  It
> had this insane motor which was stamped out of sheetmetal, which made
> it difficult to repair and didn't last long, and the water jacket was
> prone to rust through in short order.  I think it came in a kit and
> you put it together like an IKEA closet.
>
> It handled poorly and had rotten performance, and sorry, have to
> disagree with you, it was just about the ugliest version of a bugeye
> you can think of.  Just becaus a Pontiac Fiero looks kinda like a
> Lamborghini Jalpa doesn't mean they looked the same....
>
> There's a picture somewhere on the internet of Frank Lloyd Wright on
> an estate driving around with his wife in a couple of Crosley
> Hotshots, that picture reduced my respect for the man about 10 pts,
> unfortunately.
>
> Hope there aren't any Hotshot owners on the list!
>
> Alan
>
> '52 A90
> '53 BN1
> '59 Jag Mk IX
> '64 BJ8
>

> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 9:21 AM, dwflagg <dwflagg@juno.com> wrote:
>
>> Whilst rummaging about amongst my "stuff", I came upon a double sided
>> card for a Crosley Hotshot. When I first glanced at it I thought it was a
>> Bugeye Sprite, but this car was built between 1949 and 1952. It was a
>> doorless convertible with bug-eyed freestanding headlamps. Interesting
>> that it should be resurrected some six years later on the other side of
>> the pond!! As Yogi Berra said, "It is Deja Vu all over again!!".
>>
>> Doug
>> Water Heater
>> Some like it hot. Click now for a reliable new water heater!
>>
>http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=Q0TIaVOZ6xKWX22ryKcJXgAAJ1B-9ttc3k1I_21D8YCzT29EAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGIAAAAAA=
>>
>> You are subscribed as healey.nut@gmail.com
>>
>> http://www.team.net/archive

> You are subscribed as mgcharlie@comcast.net
>
> http://www.team.net/archive

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
mgcharlie.vcf]