Re: [Healeys] Healey MkIV (4000)

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey MkIV (4000)
From: "Mr. Bill" <bn1@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:31:00 -0800
An interesting bit of trivia about this car.  Please look carefully at
the boot emblems.  (It's more apparent in the photo in Adam's article.)
There is an additional vertical emblem under the Austin-Healey that is
not on the other two cars:  A Rolls Royce "RR".  When I asked Peter Cox
about it years ago, he laughed and said:  "It's from a watch fob."
Huh?  "It's a watch fob that I thought would look neat so I glued it on
the boot lid."

A truly unique Healey! :-)

Bill Barnett
'53 Red Car