Re: [Healeys] 100 with DW aluminum sump-

To: T+ B Willig <willig@wtnet.de>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 with DW aluminum sump-
From: robert westcott <55healey@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:09:04 -0700
Thomas,

I replaced the leaking original oil sump pan on my 100 last spring
with one of the beautiful finned aluminum pans.  The overall outside
dimensions are similar however as you have noticed, the casting is
about 1/2" thick
resulting in a shallower inside depth of the pan.  I had to shorten
the thickness of the oil strainer as well to get the new pan to fit.
I agree that the oil level seemed to come up too high when I refilled
the crankcase with my usual amount of oil.  It was suggested that
overfilling would not cause a great problem as the
extra oil would just leak out.  This does not inspire great
confidence.  I am running the car about 1/2 quart low and keeping a
close eye on it.

Rob

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html