Re: [Healeys] breather for K&N air filter

To: <healey100s@live.com>, <rchaskell@earthlink.net>, healeys
Subject: Re: [Healeys] breather for K&N air filter
From: richard mayor <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 23:46:46 +0000
Listmates,
It seems to me that putting that little K&N filter at the "T" would only cause
more restriction, hence, more back pressure. That will surely push more oil
out of the places it normailly leaks.  What exactly is getting filtered ?  I
would run the hose into a little catchtank (e.g., a little plastic juice
bottle)  mounted over by the master cylinders. If your rockers are not worn -
no oil. If they are badly worn, the oil will go into the catch tank. If there
is any oil then that little K&N filter will get plugged up and there will be
even more crankcase pressure.

Richard Mayor
BN7L-466  Vintage Racer
Portland, Oregon