Re: [Healeys] The Answer to - single stage BBQ Black

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] The Answer to - single stage BBQ Black
From: "Shop at \" Just Brits \"" <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 17:42:57 -0500
<< Thanks to all for the other paint types. >>

Sorry that I am late in this John, but my preference
would be Eastwood's "Chassis Black".  Rattle can OR
quart and can be thinned.  I have things both on and
off cars around here some of which are close to 10
years old and they look exactly like the day I shot
them [which to me is GREAT<G>].  A side benefit is that
the stuff has a higher "paint" content which makes it
harder.  Neat stuff.

On to Mr. Dimmock's glowing recommendation of POR
15.  I will only relate an oft told story on the Spridgets
List; and the fact that I proudly call the org. author a
close & personal friend does not sway my opinion of it.

Several years ago he "repaired" the floors in a Bugeye
and Frank IS quite good at his body work and does NOT
take 'shortcuts'.   A year or so later after a drive to a
local store and back as he coasted into his garage and
came to a stop, he found himself AND the "painted"
section of the floor sitting on the garage FLOOR.

I personally will NEVER use to stuff on anything,
neither for MY cars or customers' cars.

A search of the Archives [ Spridgets ] on the Teamnet
site [ link IS at bottom of every List post ] will give-up
the original and plenty of other tales <G> !!

Ed
Please visit MY site at:
www.justbrits.com
[currently has a number of Memorabilia For Sale !!]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html