Re: [Healeys] The Answer to - single stage BBQ Black

To: 4 - Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] The Answer to - single stage BBQ Black
From: "Shop at \" Just Brits \"" <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 21:41:38 -0500
Folks, yesterday early afternoon Mark LaPierre
asked me in a P.M.:

<< Ed ,  What is the Chassis Black coating?   Is it a rust converter,
encapsulate or just a good paint.   I have seen it advertised in the
Eastwood catalog but haven't tried it yet . I thought it was just
another encapsulate like Por  15. >>

and as I thought more of you might like the answers
to his questions, I asked him if it would be OK to answer
to the List and I just got his OK, so.............

"Chassis Black" IS a paint and NOT an encapsulate.
IIRC comes in two versions; Regular & Extreme which is
designed for chassis use whereas the Regular is GREAT
for all other pieces that normally would be black.  And
it is VERY 'black'.  You would have to have two [2] items
side-by-side to see what I mean.

It IS "Epoxy Hardened", chip resistant and has a HIGH
Solids Content.  Can says up to three [3] times the
coverage and I would pretty much have to agree with it.

Re-coating is only recommended with in 20 - 30 minutes.
Comes in 15oz aerosols and quarts; Gloss & Satin.

I can tell you the stuff IS hard as nails as I have tried
[accidentally of course <G>] to chip it that I have painted.
I have used with & without primer.  I LOVE it<G> !!

Ed

PS:  And the Owner of the Company IS a LBCer although
I forgive him for being a MG person <G> !!!  He IS the
reason the Eastwood has a MG Engine Paint !!
PPS:  Tnx, Mark.
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html