Re: [Healeys] smiths clock

To: <caddi5@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] smiths clock
From: "Peter Linn" <greylinn@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:20:17 +1000
G'day Mitch

John Ostick of JDO Instrument repairs in the UK will do polarity change. I
had my clock repaired/changed  + earth to - earth by him. The old style
points movement has a finite life (even John says he only expects about 3
years) I have a switch on mine and only run it when needed. You MUST reset
the hands when you re-apply power though, as this restarts the movement -
otherwise the points burn out. There's something to be said for the quartz
replacement Alan suggests!

Cheers

Peter Linn
Brisbane Oz