Re: [Healeys] WG: Blind rivets at rear skirt rail

To: Healey Lista <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] WG: Blind rivets at rear skirt rail
From: Magnus Karlsson <magnuskarlsson@bornet.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 13:31:53 +0200
I use the same method as Roger Moment. His method was discussed earlier. It4s
quite easy to bend a buck the shape of the rear shroud. Once that is done it
is very simple to attach the correct solid rivets with the help of an air
powered chisel or even better a purpose made air rivet hammer. As far as when
it comes to concours, should not the factory methods and materials serve as
the standard that all interested in concours are aiming for? If not who should
decide what deviations are permitted? And what is the use of concours if we
compete with cars that are not built to the original specification?

Magnus Karlsson

Bores Motor Corporation AB
Husbondegatan 36B
507 60 Bores
Phone +46-703-933349
www.concourshealeys.com

10 apr 2010 kl. 10.15 skrev <Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com>:

> John,
> I have to say I am very much in Concours. I am just doing the organization
for
> National Concours in the UK.
> But my personal opinion is we should stay on the ground and not taking
> Concours as our religion. As an example, for my cars I give me the freedom
> paint the engine parts first and then assemble them and not painting all
over
> when assembled.
> I can also fully understand when others try to get it as close as it was
done
> by the factory. I do not mind that, but I also allow some sort of variance,
> when its too much efforts to go the factory way or we have better materials
or
> methods now which can be used. For the rivets, I think here you may have
one
> out of 200 Healeys with the original rivets. All others have the pop rivets
> used.
>
> Josef Eckert
> Konigswinter/GERMANY
>
> -----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----