Re: [Healeys] Pressure Switches

To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Pressure Switches
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 22:18:49 +1000
In over 30 years of driving sprites and big Healeys, I've only had a
brake light switch fail once.
At scrutineering.....
Being a few hours from home, I went to the local Repco dealer. He sold
me a "one size fits all for BMC cars" hydraulic brake switch.
Rushed back to Wakefield Park racetrack - opened the box - and it had
a tapered thread....
Long story short, i went over to the V8 supercar workshop (that used
to be there), with the "new" one and the old (failed) one; he cut a
new parallel thread to match the old one; I fitted it; bled the
brakes; passed scrutineering; and ran all day.
So $6 au plus a few beers I bought afterwards, and that switch is
still in the BJ8 (6 yrs later); and still comes on with a light
touch....
Pretty reliable in my experience.
Chris
www.myaustinhealey.com