Re: [Healeys] Pressure Switches

To: healey.nut@gmail.com, rchaskell@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Pressure Switches
From: warthodson@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:09:36 -0400
While restoring my Phase 1 BJ8 I had heard all the horror stories about the
pressure switch failing frequently &/or requiring a lot of pressure to
operate. However, I had never personally experienced any of these issues. I
decided to replace the original four way connector with a five way (from a
Sprite, as I recall) & install a second pressure switch in the extra fitting.
That switch was wired in parallel with a second switch installed in the
original three way connector. Which ever switch closes first activates the
brake lights & if one ever fails, I still have a backup switch installed &
wired. An added benefit is that the new switch is installed in the brake lines
after the booster, therefore it should see higher pressure & close sooner.
Only two inconspicuous wires were required & a 5 way connector installed in
place of the original four way.
Gary Hodson

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html