Re: [Healeys] Dealer 100 M kit - carbs

To: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dealer 100 M kit - carbs
From: Randy Hicks <Healey100M@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 22:20:23 -0400
Hi Curt, I don't disagree with any of that. But my question is still, what
were the carbs that were supplied as part of the Le Mans kit?

6040 X or 6040 AA ?  And (now) were they etched with the 6047 & 6053?  :-)

Someone mentioned AUC 739  ???

Randy

On May 3, 2010, at 9:47 PM, Curt/Nancy Arndt wrote:

> Randy,
>
> Most maybe but definitely not all.  The important number was the hand
scribed (etched) number below that on the carburetor body, i.e., 6047 and
6053.

> Too many folks get wrapped around the axle about the carburetor being AUC
6040 X and that's just not the case, there are plenty of factory 100M cars
with AUC 6040 AA on the carburetor bodies.  Once again the etched numbers are
what's important.

> Typically TR3 Carburetors are AUC 6040 AC bodies, as these can be converted
to 100M specifications, I'm doing a set as I write this with original 100M
manifolds.  NOT so with Jaguar XK140 H6 carburetors, just ask me and I'll tell
you.  With a little work only the most decerning eye will be able to tell the
difference, but there's no attempt to deceive on my part.