Re: [Healeys] Ugh

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ugh
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 16:44:18 +0200
No problem. You do not have an oxygen sensor in your Healey to weaken
the mixture. The car runs on good old carbs without any electronics.
Adjusting the mixture by screwing up or down the needle in the SU's will
all that is neccesary if at all.
The main problem is a higher accidity of exhaust gasses causing havoc on
mild steel exhausts. This can also be a problem on pistons, rings and
bores if the car is used a lot on short trips were the engine does not
heat up fully.
I ran 100% ethanol cars in the late 70's in experiments with existing
cars that had modifications to the carbs (mainly jetting) and ignition.
In this program we had cars running on natural gas, LPG, petrol and
ethanol. In the end the 100% ethanol caused to much problems for
existing cars, natural gas was to expensive and bothersome to store so
only petrol (later mixed with a certain amount of ethanol) and LPG
remained practical as they had done so before.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html