Re: [Healeys] Orange bee hive lenses

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Orange bee hive lenses
From: "Ray Carbone" <racarbon@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 16:30:51 -0400
Rich,

As I remember, the amber turn signals first appeared in the USA on the BJ8
single parking light Phase 2 in late 1964.  I placed my order for a BJ7 in
late 1963 and, when delivered, the dealer asked me if I would accept the BJ8.
Of cause I was glad to do so and was proud to be driving the latest.  One
night, six months later, I was frustrated to see a new model with amber lights
in my rear view.  Although the plastic lenses (non-beehive) appeared white, it
was obvious when lit that the bulbs were amber.  I can't guaranty that the
owner hadn't replaced the bulbs, however, I believe it to be highly unlikely
as the owner had only just picked the car up that afternoon.

All the best,
Ray
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html