Re: [Healeys] Orange bee hive lenses

To: "Richard Kahn" <tahoehealey@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Orange bee hive lenses
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 16:45:00 -0400
In Canada, amber front turn signals were required from 1st January 1963, so
they simply installed amber bulbs inside clear lenses. Those lenses may well
have been retrofitted onto your Healey from period Mini's etc.
I completed a Phase 1 BJ8 for a customer last year and set it up as a
Canadian spec car, so installed amber front side lamp/turn signal bulbs
inside clear glass behive style lenses.