Re: [Healeys] new water pump leak

To: andy pole <ampole@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] new water pump leak
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 23:00:08 +0200
Often the seal on waterpumps leaks when a new or rebuild pump is
installed or if an engine has not run for a while and if water instead
of coolant is used.
Usually the leaking stops after a while when the seal and mating surface
have bedded in. If the leaking does not stop the seal is worn, the
rubber diaphragm has ripped or the mating face is pitted badly,
rebuilding or renewing the pump is at hand.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL