Re: [Healeys] Not Healey - Jaguar XK 150 Brakes

To: Jonas Payne <jpayne@thorcon.net>, "healeys@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Not Healey - Jaguar XK 150 Brakes
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 23:09:26 +0800
Jonas -

The servo is plumbed, so it is possibly the problem.  It is basically
almost the same type servo as used on BJ8s.

Although the vacuum piston may not have vacuum on it, it still may
have partially activated.  If you are using the old style vacuum
piston servo, likely the rubber seal put under the piston's leather
seal is too big (very common problem) and is forcing the piston in the
on position.

Try tapping the servo with a rubber mallot, carefully on the flat face
of the vacuum chamber.  If that releases the brakes, then the fat seal
is your problem.  Cut the seal in half and reinstall.

Alan