Re: [Healeys] BN7 HEAT!

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN7 HEAT!
From: F Ronald Rader <f.ronald.rader@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 12:43:11 -0700
In my cars I first make sure there are no pin holes or any open holes
from the fire wall wall. dark garage at night: flashlight under the
car and in the engine compartment.

Then add a layer of Kool mat (or equivalent) from under the dash to the
trunk.

Use the Kool mat on both sides of the tranny cover. Make sure it is
taped over the seams or the overlap well.

Be sure to close up the  opening around the gar shift as tight as possible.

Then add a layer of Dyna pad. It is sound deadening and insulation.
Use this instead of jute underlay.

Drive the care without putting the carpets back in to determine if you
missed anything.

ron rader

1965 BJ8
1960 XK 150 FHC