[Healeys] SU Fuel Pump Problem

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] SU Fuel Pump Problem
From: Jonas Payne <jpayne@ThorCon.net>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 14:43:36 -0700
The xk jag has 2 su fuel pumps installed that are exactly the same as the one
on my healey.

One of the 2 is working, the other is not.  The non working pump is one of the
reproduction pumps, and the solid state "chip" under the plastic cover is
fried.

I don't see the chip in the moss catalog.  Can it be replaced?

If not, it would appear that the pump could be retrofit with points - is this
possible?

Also, A Healey uses only one pump and can't possibly use that much less fuel
than the jag.  Thus I am beginning to believe that my drivability problem is
ignition related, not fuel delivery.

Jonas Payne
Director of Preconstruction
Thor Construction
PH:    (702) 269-2007
Fax:   (702) 269-7095
Cell:   (702) 358-5084

"This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have
received this email in error please contact the sender(s) at (702) 269-2007
and delete all copies from your system.  It is not the intent of the sender to
solicit any person or business.  Please note that any opinions in this email
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Thor
Construction, Incorporated.  Finally, the recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no
liability for any damage or loss caused by any virus transmitted by this
email."
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html