Re: [Healeys] External differences of six cylinder engines

To: "<Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com>" <Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] External differences of six cylinder engines
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 20:19:20 +1000
Hi Josef,
Happy to be corrected, but I'm not understanding the differences you
cite.
I've seen 2 different 12port head castings - as i said, the area
around the thermostat/ temp sensor.
The BJ8 head is different to all the earlier 12 port heads.
The unseen difference is the BJ8 head spark plug seat is too far away
from the combustion chamber, by over 100 thou.
That's why a BJ8 has vastly different ignition timing to any other 3
litre Healey engine.
Look at the ignition specs.
Bj8 heads are different. Not sure of your other 2 points

Chris

Sent from my iPhone

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html