Re: [Healeys] External differences of six cylinder engines

To: richard mayor <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] External differences of six cylinder engines
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 21:12:27 +1000
Hi Richard & Josef,

Ok. My Bj8 head is also AEC 960.
I thought (obviously incorrectly) that the AEC 960 was specific to the
BJ8

My comment about the ignition timing on a BJ8 was the reason I thought
the AEC 960 casting was specific to the BJ8. Ive only seen the BJ8
spark plug seat depth issue on AEC 960 heads from BJ8s.

Let me do some more research and I'll post the results. I suspect the
BJ8 issue is a machining issue, rather than a casting issue.

Best
Chris

Sent from my iPhone

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html