Re: [Healeys] A bit of tuning advice

To: Paul Leeks <Paull@glasgows.co.uk>, Bob Spidell
Subject: Re: [Healeys] A bit of tuning advice
From: Greg Mandas <gmandas@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:07:16 -0700 (PDT)
I'm wondering if the carbs go lean when you open the throttle.

There are a few videos on YouTube on SU repair and maintenance. One speaks to
proper venting and dampening of the dash pots. Something, on the edge of my
memory, about vented versus non-vented fill caps.  If the dash pot isn't
properly dampened the mixture goes lean on acceleration as opposed to going
rich, as it should.

Just chatting up the discussion.

Greg