[Healeys] BN1 misfire

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BN1 misfire
From: "Peter & Veronica" <greylinn@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 06:32:10 +1000
G'day list

Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry about this. On Monday we had the
car on a dyno and gas analyser, and within minutes we'd found the problem to
be overly weak carb needles. Although the ones it the HS6s were OA6s, the
rich needle for the 100M, the mixture was leaning out excessively after
about 1/4 throttle. We tried some richer needles that were to hand (RH)
which improved matters somewhat, but  they weren't rich enough so we
consulted the SU charts and now have some 55s on order. More on this when
we've tried them. The cam it appears isn't anything out of the ordinary so
we'll set the clearances back to standard.

Cheers

Peter Linn
Brisbane Oz