Re: [Healeys] Goodyear Eagle GT

To: Jonas Payne <jpayne@ThorCon.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Goodyear Eagle GT
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:42:57 +0000 (UTC)
Good input.

But, shouldn't it be "... new tires are designed to work with little or no
POSITIVE camber," given that book camber for Big Healesy is 1deg positive (and
many have more)?

bs

--------------------------------
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

$.02

I just pulled a set of these off of a Customer's 66 bj8 siting the following
problems:

Incorrect appearance
Tramlining
Hard Ride
Hard low speed steering
Excessive wear due to camber/front end setup on old british cars (the
modern "rectangular section" tires wear irregularly because the new tires are
designed to work with little or no negative camber)

I can vouch for the wear, ride and the steering issues from test drives. To
each their own on appearance.

I replaced them with a set of 195 series vriedstiens, which cost nearly two
and a half times as much, but are a very good tire.

They fill out the wheel well better (look better), ride better and offer less
resistance at low speeds. Additionally, they offer a better slip angle(?)
that is more in line with a vintage car, allowing the car to be set up to
drift much easier.

Jonas Payne
PBR
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html