Re: [Healeys] Goodyear Eagle GT

To: Jonas Payne <jpayne@ThorCon.net>, Bob Spidell
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Goodyear Eagle GT
From: Jonas Payne <jpayne@ThorCon.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 12:32:24 -0700
Bob,

You are of course correct.  I Had my + and b camber confused.  Aargh!

Regardless b the camber on our LBCbs is opposite what the modern tires are
designed to deal with.  Look at nearly any directional type performance tire
and youbll see different treadblocks between the inner and outer side of the
tire.  This contributes significantly to wear and level of effort felt at the
steering wheel.

David b I saw the Vriedstiens at two websites listed in both 185 and 195
series.  I am unaware of them being discontinued.  I sure hope not b Ibm
going to need a set for my Healey in a few months.

I am lso was curious about some of the reproductions from Coker and Universal,
which I have not tried.  The sporty Vintage Pirellibs are over $350, but some
of the others look promising.  I just put a set of reproduction universals on
my XK-150, but unfortunately, havenbt had enough wheel time to render  a
decision.

Jonas Payne
PBR

________________________________
"This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have
received this email in error please contact the sender(s) at (702) 269-2007 and
delete all copies from your system. It is not the intent of the sender to
solicit any person or business. Please note that any opinions in this email are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Thor
Construction, Incorporated. Finally, the recipient should check this email and
any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability
for any damage or loss caused by any virus transmitted by this email."
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html