Re: [Healeys] turn power on

To: "'Don Day'" <fsufan1952@yahoo.com>, "'healey list'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] turn power on
From: "Herbert Miller" <hgmiller3@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 12:51:48 -0500
Bob
I just did this task on my BJ8 a few days ago. Here is what I did.
Remove both fuses in the fuse box. Remove wire to fuel pump.
Wire a external fuse holder between the battery cable and one of the battery
terminal.
I used a low amp fuse, 7.5 to 15 amp
With nothing turned on, check for battery voltage on the brown wires at the
fuse box. Brown wires are always hot.
If everything is OK, install fuse in the bottom slot. Brown to white. This
will supply power to ign. Switch.
Turn key to run.
If still OK, turn key to off.
Wire fuel pump. Turn key to run. Pump should operate.
If still OK, replace top fuse in fuse box. This will power the green wires.
Now you can check lights, wiper, heater blower and everything else, one at a
time. If all is OK, you can connect the battery without the external fuse.
You can start the motor. Remember that the white/black wire at the battery
cut off switch, in the trunk, is wired directly to the coil. With the
battery switch off this wire provides a ground to the coil, a further anti
theft feature. If this wire is grounded you will not get spark to the plugs.
Worked for me.
Herb Miller