[Healeys] Timing Question

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Healeys] Timing Question
From: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 14:40:00 -0400
This weekend I was introduced to another way to fine tune the timing on our
cars but I got to
the tech session a bit late so I am hoping some one can advise.   The theory
is to run the car
up to about 4500 RPMs and set the timing at approx.  32 degrees.  This can be
done by using
a set back timing light since 32 degrees is not obtainable on our car pulleys.
I believe the 4500
RPMs takes the car up to max. advance which gives you a finer timing
adjustment.  That many
RPMs seemed a bit excessive when you heard the cars revving up big time but
none of them
blew up so I guess no harm was done.

Sorry that my comments here are a little vague but I did walk in at the middle
of the tech session so the details are a bit foggy.    I would like to try
this so if any one can enlighten me a little more please do.

Please correct me or add to what I have already mentioned.

Mark
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html