Re: [Healeys] Girling Brake Booster

To: <gmandas@yahoo.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Girling Brake Booster
From: George Haywood <haywoodone@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 18:48:18 -0400
  Greg,

I second Rich's recommendation. I've Have had a rebuild by John Stewart Power
Brake on my bj8 since 2007 with many miles on all kinds of terrain without a
problem.  The cost will be around $450 Canadian.  Send it to them by US Postal
Service to avoid brokerage fees of UPS ($40+).

Take care,

George Haywood

> Who ever said, "Healey people are the nicest people until they go to sell
it." is a sage.

> I picked up a brake booster off eBay (I know, but it's where I got my car)
with no indication as to condition. All questions received vague answers.

> But, hey! It was VERY Clean, rust free and relatively cheap but, when I
opened it, it had about a pint of break fluid in it.

> I know I asked before, but I'm forgetful:
>
> If anyone on the list rebuilds boosters or you have a recommendation as to
who rebuilds them, if you would, please, send me an email with their contact
information, prices and success rate.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html