Re: [Healeys] We're talking originality here.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] We're talking originality here.
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:57:24 EDT
In a message dated 8/5/10 10:34:35 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net
writes:

> May I add my thanks for not only the time you folks take to answer OEM
> questions about the cars, but for the effort to get it right. My car will
> not be show quality, but do want to know what original is to guide my
> resto
> decisions.
> Cheers

And that's where the Concours Registry began, when Rich, Roger, and I sat
down to discuss it at the AHCA delegates meeting in Illinois those many years
ago. The point was to assemble all that we knew then about originality and
continue to expand our knowledge while correcting old errors. One benefit is
that we have a basis to evaluate cars that have been restored with original
standards as the objectives, and to recognize them as rolling examples, but
underlying all of it was simply the desire to expand our knowledge and make
that knowledge available. We believed then, and we believe now, that the
information about the original specificiations was worth preserving, lest
these car simply become blank canvases on which anyone could paint their idea
of
"what Donald might have done, if he had ... "

Cheers
Gary
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html