Re: [Healeys] Front coil spring question

To: "Bert Van Brande" <bertvanbrande@yahoo.com>, "List Healey"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Front coil spring question
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 19:52:53 -0400
Bert,

Simply use the two threaded rods and bring the spring up and without the
temporary spacer. Bring the inner most threaded rod up most of the way
first. This will help to clear the pan from the frame. Continue and install
all the bolts. Then put a jack under the outer portion of the spring pan and
lift the suspension until you can install your temporary spacer. Then
tighten the trunnion bolts, jack things a little further to release the
spacer and you're done.
I would never use a spring compressor. The longer threaded studs and
bringing the inboard one most of the way first has always worked well for
me.
Rich