Re: [Healeys] Best Spark Plugs for 60 BN7 avail on Sunday?

To: "scott willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Best Spark Plugs for 60 BN7 avail on Sunday?
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 22:54:53 -0500
Although the plugs are a cheap fix, I am guessing they are not the solution,
you mention a rebuilt tranny, was the ground strap attached to a tranny
bolt? was it reattached, I ran a feacet pump for a whule, even though it was
the "correct" low pressure item, it produced too much pressure and the car
never ran right, would periodically flood out the carbs and run too rich,
other possibilties, a wire got knocked loose or intermittent or ignition
timing knocked out in the refit of the tranny.

New tranny shouldn't cause the problem, but if major work done to the car
always look at what might have been disturbed, changed etc. as a possible
source of change from running good to running bad.

Possible chain store plugs Champion RN12YC, Bosch W7DC, NGK BP6ES

Good Luck!

Greg Lemon
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html