[Healeys] Running poorly/Carb Floats

To: Healeys Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Running poorly/Carb Floats
From: Kenny J <theswed@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:09:20 -0700
My Healey has been running poorly lately.  It starts up and runs great when
cold. However, after warming up, it is hard to start and stalls occasionally
after I  stop for a red light/sign. I also noticed fuel occasionally dripping
from the overflow tube.

I removed the carburetors and began to inspect them.  I removed the float lid
and floats.  I noticed the rear float had a small amount of fuel sloshing
around in it.  Could this be cause of my problems?  If so, should I replace
both floats or just the one?  Any other suggestions or things to look for?

Also....not sure if this makes sense.... should I have to hold my choke on
(hold the knob out) or should it stay engaged until the knob is pushed inward.
Thanks.

Kenny

61 BT-7
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html