[Healeys] Heat management

To: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Heat management
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 16:05:36 +0000 (UTC)
As long as we're on the (neverending) topic of heat management--thermostats,
etc.--has anyone done a before/after analysis of manifold/downpipe ceramic
coatings (JetHoat, etc.) and the effect on engine temps? I know we've discussed
it before--and there seems to be some anecdotal, positive results--but does
anybody have any definitive info to add?

I wrapped my downpipes, and the net result was seemingly hotter gases at the
exhaust exits--I didn't actually measure the temps, but the exhaust went from
hot to pistol hot--circumstantial evidence that more heat is being moved away
from the engine compartment. I can't say I saw a measurable decrease in coolant
temp, but unless you do before/after testing under identical ambient conditions
it's going to be subjective at best.

bs

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html