Re: [Healeys] Heat management

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Heat management
From: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 18:52:38 +0000
Pipe dream?  :)
I wondered about this also.  I won't be pursuing it, but initially, after
reading so much about heat in the cockpit, I had given some thought to coating
the exhaust to behind the cockpit.
In the RHD cars, the exhaust is under the passenger side.  I'm guessing that
that was by design ... though did they really design them for the UK, or for
export?

Robert Duquette

Ottawa ON Canada

1965 RHD BRG Austin-Healey Sprite ( project )

1967 RHD MG Midget ( aka: Miss Marple )

1955 Austin-Healey 100 BN1 ( aka: Carmen
)http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/2009FallTour.jpg

Also wondering--this is mostly a pipe dream--what coating the entire exhaust
system would do. I would think at least it would lessen the heat under the
driver.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html