Re: [Healeys] Oil Change Costs, Final

To: Mark LaPierre <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil Change Costs, Final
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:10:04 -0700
Mark,
To answer your original question. Bulk oil is not necessarily inferior.
 However companies like Iffy Lube put their contract out to bid, and without
a doubt buy the cheapest oil they can lay their hands on.  Same with oil
filters.
If, and I do mean If they are using exactly the same brand, weight, and
quality grade their will be no difference between what you buy at the local
store, and what they are pumping.  The difference is you are buying retail
in 1 quart bottles, they are buying 10,000 gallons a time. Difference of
scale.
This assumes of course that what they say they are pumping is actually what
they in fact put in your car.
Rick