Re: [Healeys] thickness of phenolic spacers for 100 LeMans

To: I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com>, Curt/Nancy Arndt <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] thickness of phenolic spacers for 100 LeMans
From: Jim LeBlanc <jim_leblanc@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 13:08:35 -0700 (PDT)
I just looked at the carb setup on my M. With the cold air box in place adding
these spacers would prevent installing the cold air box. So if going with the
ever-hard-to-install cold air box, check clearance on the corner next to that
frame piece.

To reduce heat, consider adding a stock second heat shield. Get a second one
and separate it with standard washers. This will knock heat down. I have never
done this or heard from anybody doing it. It is on my list of modifications
that judges will never see.

Best Regards,

Jim LeBlanc
1956 100-M (factory)