Re: [Healeys] oil pressure relief valve

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] oil pressure relief valve
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 07:23:40 -0700
  If you run the typically thicker oil we run in our Healeys--20W-50, say--and
start the engine on a cool morning, the
oil pressure you see at fast idle should be the setpoint (around 60psi) for the
relief valve, no?

It seems to me, at any pressure below the relief valve setpoint the spring
would make no difference, but the seal of the
valve against the bypass passage would, as it could be just another pressure
'leak.'

bs

--
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net