Re: [Healeys] Leaf spring parts

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, "Stephen Hutchings"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Leaf spring parts
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 18:06:40 -0400
Steve,

Folks don't usually take apart and replace just some of the bits. Usually
it's a case of completely new springs. 45 years of stress, weight and sag
will usually take their toll on your original springs. Some fellows have
gone to great lengths to restore and re-arch their springs, often spending
more than the cost of new springs to do so. Depending on re-arching methods,
this can be a shot in the dark in trying to get near to original settings
without the car sitting too high, too low, or being too stiff or too soft.
Just some factors to consider...

Rich