Re: [Healeys] Rear breaks locking

To: magnuskarlsson@bornet.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rear breaks locking
From: warthodson@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:03:24 -0400
Of course, locking the front brakes is also dangerous & not the best way to
stop in the shortest distance. When all the components are working as intended
it can be very difficult to determine weather the fronts or rears are locking
first. I have never tried to determine it on my Healey, but have tried on a
vintage race car & it required many tests with an assistant observing. Then
several more tests to adjust the brake bias to try to optimize the breaking.
On a car without a bias adjustment, I don't know of a practical way to affect
the front/rear bias. I don't believe loosing the rears will do it.
Gary Hodson