Re: [Healeys] Rear breaks locking

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rear breaks locking
From: Greg Mandas <gmandas@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 07:56:02 -0700 (PDT)
Bob, Magnus,

Sounds like you guys are talking about asbestos. I had to deal with it when I
had my 1979 BMW 528i. (That was a great car.) When "they" outlawed it in the
USofA, the reformulated brake pads were harder so there were a lot of
squealing BMWs in the early 80's.  I believe there was a reformulation of the
rotors, making them softer to coincide. The issue was (and I'm going out on a
limb here) old rotor formula with new pad material. But, I could be and often
am FOS...

Greg