Re: [Healeys] dash switches

To: pdeturck@rochester.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] dash switches
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 14:29:14 +0000 (UTC)
I've replaced the O/D switch on my BJ8 a couple times over 100K miles. The ones
I got from Moss were Lucas and the same as original.

I haven't tried, but doubt they can be rebuilt unless you're a pretty good
machinist.

bs

--------------------------------
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

I have a couple of switches on myBJ8 dash (notably the
Panel Lights and Overdrive) which are starting to
fail. They seem to work most of the time but if the
actuator is moved side to side even a little bit the
internal connections seem to disconnect when
the switch is actuated. The wire connections on the
back are tight and clean.

Can these switches be rebuilt in any way?
Are "new" switches similar in appearance and tactile feel?
Does anyone have any NOS available?
Thanks.
-pd-
'66 BJ8